Your home isn’t just a structure made of beams and walls — It’s your happy place, and it deserves to be protected.
Our freelance insurance agents carry the burden of looking out high and low and won’t stop till they notice the owners coverage which will keep your carefree sanctuary secure.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
To put it simply, homeowners insurance is designed to repair, replace or recover the value of what you currently have (under coverage) if it’s damaged due to any number of causes.
- Property Damage – This is by far the biggest claim maker, which includes damage to your house and any structures on your property due to water, fire and severe storms among others.
- Natural Disasters – Home wreckers like floods and earthquakes are typically not covered by basic plans, meaning, you’ll want additional coverage or a separate policy to keep your goodies protected. See what disasters are covered >
- Standard Home Liability -this may help you financially if somebody is abraded or their personal belongings are broken whereas on your property. More liability info >
- Extra Money for Living – If your house is too damaged to live in while it’s being repaired or rebuilt, most policies will pay for a hotel and other living expenses, like groceries.
- Personal Property Coverage (AKA your stuff) – This may rely upon the policy. Items like furnishings could solely be lined up to a depreciated worth, however, stuff like your bling may not have any coverage and can want further insurance. Details on covering your stuff >
Most significantly, they’ll be there to help you when claim time comes. The outcome of home insurance claims is powerfully compact by however the method is approached and handled.
How to Make Sure You're Adequately Covered
Many homeowners think they’re fully covered. Unfortunately, they’re not, and figuring this out when it claims time can be infuriating. Finding the proper coverage depends on a variety of things, from crime rates to wildfires in your area. Here are several hacks to help you.
Three Home Insurance Hacks
- Add an umbrella policy to extend coverage by up to $1 million or additional.
- Protect higher-value things like jewelry and art through “riders” or “endorsements.”
- Get replacement cost home insurance instead of “actual cash value,” which only covers the current depreciated value.
Insurance in Minutes.
How Much Does Home Insurance Cost?
The average annual value of house owners insurance is $1,132 nationwide, however, that value will vary region to region, some supporting nasty hazards like floods and earthquakes. Find an entire state cost list here >Find a complete state average cost list here
Where Are All the Home Insurance Discounts Hiding?
To start, combining policies and raising your deductible area unit 2 simple ways to drive down value. You can also get lower rates and discounts if you reduce the risk of theft and damage by installing fire sprinklers, smoke alarms, and security systems. More on discounts >
The 411 On Online Home Insurance Quotes
We know what you’re looking for — fast and easy insurance quotes in 30 seconds or less. We get it, you would like the products ASAP, however, selecting speed over accuracy will leave you high and dry or low and wet.
Robots and algorithms could also be fast, but your peace of mind isn’t a variable in their quoting equation. Not solely but that, our competitors might sell your data to multiple corporations, which may lead to calls, on calls, on calls.
We flipped the script on this process and give you the info to connect with an independent insurance agent in your area. From there, THEY take the wheel and do the work to find the best quotes to fit your needs perfectly.